Village Defence Organisation Assam Police Recruitment 2016 – COVDO (Grade III) Jobs:- Applications are invited from Indian Citizens for filling up of vacant posts of Circle Organizer of village Defence Organization in different Districts of Assam as shown below under the Directorate of Assam Police HQrs.
- Circle Organizer (COVDO)
Total posts: 45 Nos. (UR-31, OBC/MOBC-17, STH-Nil, STP-5, SC-1)
Pay scale: PB-2, Rs.5200 – 20,200/ + GP of Rs.2200/-
- Qualification of COVDO: Candidates must be HSLC or its equivalent Exam passed from a recognized Board or Council. OR Educational qualification of the candidates is relaxed to class VIII pass in case candidate having special qualiﬁcation in special works and having distinguished oneself by sincere and devoted service to the Village Defence Organization or who by his position and Status inspire confidence in the mind of people. Candidates qualifying on above, need to obtain a certificate from the concerned District Village Defence Organization approved by CCVDO or certificate from CCVDO. Self attested photo copy of the certificates also need to be enclosed with the application form along with educational qualiﬁcation certificates.
Age: 18 to 38 years as on 01-01-2016. The Upper age limit shall however be relaxed upto 43 years in case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes and 40 years for Ex Servicemen.
COVDO District wise vacancy list of Assam:
- Bongaingaon = 02 Nos.
- Barpeta = 02 Nos.
- Cachar = 04 Nos.
- City = 02 Nos.
- Dhubri = 04 Nos.
- Dibnrghar = 05 Nos.
- Dhemaji = 01 No.
- Dima Hasao = 02 Nos.
- Darrang = 03 Nos.
- Goalpara = 01 No.
- Golaghat = 01 No.
- Hailakandi = 01 No.
- Jorhat = 02 Nos.
- Kamrup = 03 Nos.
- Karbi Anglong = 03 Nos.
- Karimganj = 01 No.
- North Lakhimpur = 01 No.
- Morigaon = 01 No.
- Nalbari = 02 Nos.
- Nagaon = 03 Nos.
- Sonitpur = 04 Nos.
- Sivsagar = 02 Nos.
- Tinsukia = 02 Nos.
How to apply: Interested and eligible candidates may apply in prescribed Standard Form of application along with self attested copy of cast certificate from the component authority + Self attested 2 copies of recent passport sine photographs. in addition to this one such self attested copy or the photo must be affixed with the Application form on the top-box or the right corner of the standard form + self attested copies or testimonials related to Age proof, HSLC pass certificate, Marks Sheet, documents related to claim for age relaxation etc. + a self addressed envelope (25cm x 17cm) affixing a postal stamp or Rs. 5/- should reached the following given address within time ( The application must be legibly ﬁlled-up in all columns by the candidates in his / her own handwriting and should be sent in closed cover with marking “Application for the
post of CO,VDO in the District of……………….”) ——–
“To, The Addl. Director General of Police (A), Assam, Ulubari, Guwahati”.
- Objective type written test or 115 marks (Single Paper) consisting of following subjects will be held-
- General Knowledge = 50 Marks
- Logical Reasoning = 30 Marks
- Mathematics = 20 Marks
- General English = 25 Marks
Total Marks = 125 Marks
2. Viva-voce = 20 Marks
3. Weight age on the division of HSLC = 5 Marks.
Break up of awarding marks on division
- 1st division = 05 Marks
- 2nd division = 03 Marks
- 3rd division = 02 Marks
Candidates wrth relaxed = 02 Marks
Physical fitness a candidate for direct recruitment shall be:-
- Of sound health, both mentally and physically and free from organic defect or bodily Infirmity which is likely to Interfere with the efficient performance of his duties.
- Required to undergo medical examination before appointment to the service.
Last date: 31-03-2016.
Note:- The candidates applying from a district should ordinarily be a resident or that district. No candidate can apply for the post from two different districts, if found having done so, his candidature will be cancelled.