The Government of Assam, Secondary Education Department is going to conduct the Teachers Eligibility Test [TET] of High School Level for the Contractual Teachers engaged under the scheme “Strengthening and Improvement of the Quality Secondary Education in the State.
Name of the post:- Graduate Teachers in Secondary Schools.
1. Graduate teacher has been prescribed as BA/B.Sc/ B.Com with 50% marks with B.T./ B.Ed. degree from any recognized university.
2. Hindi Teacher: Pravin/ Ratna in Hindi with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized university or B.A with Hindi as one of the subject with 50% marks and B.T / B. Ed. degree from any recognized University.
3. Classical Teacher (Sanskrit):– Shastri with 50% marks having degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Sanskrit as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T/ B.Ed degree from any recognized University.
4. Classical Teacher such as Arabic, Urdu, Persian etc:– MM with 50% marks with degree qualification from any recognized University or B.A with Arabic as one of the subjects with 50% marks and B.T./B.Ed. from any recognized University.
5. Classical Teacher (Assamese Language, Manipuri Language):– B.A with Honours/ Major in concerned subject with 50% marks and B.T. /B.Ed. degree from any recognized University.
All intending candidates may note that B.T / B. Ed. Degree as a mandatory prerequisite eligibility qualification for Special TET of High School Level stands relaxed up to 01/01/2015 in accordance with the Government Order issued by the Government of Assam in Secondary Education Department and accordingly candidates who do not possess B.T / B. Ed. Degree may appear at the Special Teachers Eligibility Test (TET) of High School Level.
Minimum Pass mark:- To qualify in Special TET Examination the candidate must score at least 60% marks. However, 5% relaxation in marks will be given for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/MOBC/PWD (Person With Disability)(PH).
Structure & Content of Test:- The examination shall be for 200 marks of 200 Multiple Choice Questions [MCQs], each one of them carrying equal marks. The subject areas broadly are as follows.
1. General Studies & Current Affairs = 100 MCQs = 100 Marks
2. Pedagogy & General English= 100 MCQs = 100 Marks
Fees per Application form:- Rs. 400/-
How to apply:- Please visit RMSA, Assam’s official website and click online application for Special TET link for apply online and fill up your application carefully according to the given instruction on above given website.
Opening of Online Application Form:- 21-07-2014
Last date of Submission of online Application form:-11-08-2014
Last date of fees Payment at Bank:-14-08-2014
Date of examination Will be notified later.
Help Desk No:-
0361 2389955 [ Call During Office Hours]
For more information and syllabus please visit