Assam Womens University Recruitment notification about for filling up following Teaching posts of Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) in AWU Jorhat (Assam Women’s University).
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) in English Department = 02 Nos.
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) in Economics Department = 02 Nos.
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) in Tourism and Travel Department = 01 No.
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) in Fashion Design and Technology Department = 01 No.
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) in Library and Information Science Department = 02 Nos.
- Assistant Professor (Ad-hoc) in Psychology Department = 01 No.
Qualification and Experience:
- Good academic record with at least 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) with required specialization at Master’s Degree level in a relevant subject from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university. Candidates are expected to have at least 50% marks at the Under Graduate level qualifying examination.
- Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC like SLET/SET.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in sub-clauses (i) and (ii) of above, candidates who are, or have been awarded a Ph.D. Degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009, shall be exempted from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment as Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.
- NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided at the graduate and master’s level for the Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/Differently-able (Physically and visually handicapped) categories for the purpose of eligibility and for assessing good academic record during direct recruitment to teaching positions. The eligibility marks of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible, based on only the qualifying marks without including any grace mark procedures.
- A relaxation of 5% may be provided, from 55% to 50% of the marks to the Ph.D. holders, who have passed their Master’s degree prior to 19th September, 1991.
Pay scale: Rs. 25,000/- (Rs 5000 extra Ph. D) with admissible HRA.
Application Fees: An amount of application fee of Rs 1000/- and 500/- for SC/ST candidates should be deposited to the University Bank Account No:33955259192, State Bank of India. Payment should be made in the form of Bank Challan to be downloaded from the university website and deposited at branches of SBI. AWU’s copy of the receipt should be submitted along with the application.
Age: Not exceeding 38 Years of age on 1st January, 2016.
Assam Womens University Recruitment How to apply Section:
Completed application in the prescribed form along with all necessary enclosures and testimonials must reach the following given address within time. The candidate must be a permanent resident of Assam and a copy of PRC must be submitted along with the filled up application…..
“Registrar, Assam Women’s University, P.O. Rowriah, PIN-785004, Jorhat, Assam”.
Last date: 30-09-2016.
Note: Schedule of interview for the above posts shall be notified at the University’s website www.awu.ac.in. Separate call letters may not be issued to the candidates.